ultra race

ultra race

Postby georgem » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Ultra teams - can they have more than one vehicle ?

Also, can non-team members be in vehicle, such as a driver?
georgem

Re: ultra race

Postby TattyJean » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi gerogem-

I've done a couple overnight relays on an ultra team (doing one for this race too) and usually you only have one vehicle. Some races explicitly say you're only allowed to have one van, but I'm not sure what the rule is for the NE Relay. In either case, I prefer just the one vehicle - makes it much easier to coordinate transitions, team-mates, etc. But unless the rules say no, I bet you could have two vehicles.

And as long as the rules allow, I'm sure you could have another person along as a driver, support crew, etc. (I'd just recommend a full-size van if you do :))
TattyJean

Re: ultra race

Postby racedirector » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:03 pm

TattyJean is correct....an ultra team with two vans can be a bit logistically challenging. However, if you'd like to have two vans, you are welcome to. Our rules are that each team is only allowed two vans, regardless of the size of the team.

It is also irrelevant to us whether there are non-running folks in your van, so you are welcome to have a driver. Our two requirements is that 1) every person in your van sign a waiver and 2) they follow all the rules for the event.
racedirector
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion